ACTIVITIES & AMENITIES
Touchwood Hills Post, built in 1879, was the last of several Hudson’s Bay Company fur trade posts established in the area. The Carlton Trail and a telegraph line passed through this post making it an integral part of the network of posts, trails and communication systems which developed in the province in the 19th century. Today, only the cellar depressions of the post and a segment of the Carlton Trail remain. A plaque commemorates the site and concrete markers outline the building locations.